by Valerie Brooks
Green tea is no longer confined to the beverage arena. Its myriad medicinal and curative effects include acting as an immunity booster, offering anti-cancer properties, improving insulin sensitivity, assisting with balancing cholesterol levels, and slowing the progression of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. To reap the most benefit from this wonder leaf, a host of products now contain green tea. While its ingestible form is usually seen in powder (great for mixing into beverages) or extract, which may come in liquid or pill form, now you can wear it, eat it, or even brush your teeth with it.
- Proactiv Solution Green Tea Moisturizer–very lightweight, great for acne-prone skin
- H2OPlus–offers an array of antioxidant products that includes Japanese green tea:
- Antioxidant Face Complex–hydrating formula for sensitive skin
- Urban Defense Lotion–Neutralizes free radical production using Japanese green tea antioxidants, which are reportedly 100 times more effective than vitamin C and 25 times more effective than vitamin E.
- Green Tea Antioxidant Serum–helps premature aging by protecting skin from environmental damage.
- Green Tea Skin Natural Anti-Aging Cream–this paraben and petroleum-free product uses green tea for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and rejuvenating properties.
- Abba Pure Shine Conditioner–this vegan and sulfate-free conditioner is ideal for dull, coarse hair, and uses a blend of green tea, tropical fruit extracts, and banana.
- June Jacobs
Green Tea and Cucumber Conditioning Shampoo–this is a gentle shampoo with powerful antioxidant properties that is ideal for chemically treated hair.
- Aubrey Organics Green tea Finishing Cream Rinse–featuring organic green tea and nettle extract, this detangler is ideal for oily hair.
- Sencha Naturals Green Tea Bars–these gluten and wheat-free desserts contain 225 milligrams of polyphenols (potent antioxidant compounds) along with rice, fruits, nuts, and seeds. Three flavors include original, pear, and lemongrass.
- Green Tea Mints–these sugar and caffeine-free treats contain a blend of teas, botanicals, and mint oils create these innovative mints in original, pear, lemongrass, and lychee.
- The Cozy Tea Cart–An excellent comprehensive site offering a variety of green tea foods from a wide array of brands. www.thecozyteacart.com
- Tea-Infused Chocolates–From Keiko, these indulgent organic treat double packs the antioxidant benefits because of the tea and the chocolate.
- Caramel Green Tea Chews–these organic sweet delights are a great alternative to a sugar-filled treat.
- Tea-Infused Caramels–offered in cranberry or gingerbread orange, these hand-made fudge-like deserts melt in your mouth.
- Dr. Ken’s Toothpaste–offered in a variety of flavors, Dr. Ken’s Toothpastes are infused with green tea.
- Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste–this fluoride-free toothpaste uses tea tree oil, neem, and baking soda.
- Jason’s Tea Tree Toothpaste–with tea tree oil to prevent plaque and decay, this natural toothpaste also has a kick of cinnamon.